Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Kid Tested, Nanny Approved

In my first ever blog post, I mentioned that G loves Turkey Meatballs. As an early Christmas present to anyone who loves meatballs, I thought I would share the recipe I use. I served these to G for dinner recently and after her first bite she turned to me and said, “mmm yummy, thanks!”

Turkey Balls

Adapted from:
First Meals
By Annabel Karmel

In a bowl, mix together 1 lb ground turkey, 1 onion finely chopped, 1 small apple, 3 tbsp bread crumbs, 1 egg, 2 tbsp chopped fresh sage or thyme, salt and pepper. Form walnut-size balls, coat in flour, and sauté in vegetable oil until golden brown all over. Transfer meatballs into a casserole, cover with tomato sauce and cook in a preheated oven set to 350 degrees for 20 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment